MEC is recruiting for an Accounts Receivable and Sales Audit Representative to report directly into the Finance Manager. This person will have a minimum 2 years of experience in a similar or a related function within a large organization.
The Accounts Receivable and Sales Audit Representative is expected to be highly organized and detail oriented, persevering, assertive, enthusiastic, and approachable. The individual must be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Act as a key liaison between retail stores, eCommerce, and finance to ensure resolution of all related issues
- Assists in the monthly and year-end closing process
- Ensures effective internal controls over financial reporting are in place and assists with testing of controls
- Deal directly with corporate clients and other non trade debtors, and develop solid working relationships by handling questions, resolving discrepancies and ensuring timely payment
- Updating account status and all AR ledgers regularly
- Manage dropped and denied transactions and charge or refund members accordingly to maintain accurate books and records
- Assist with internal and external audits and external party examination requirements related to sales
- Ensures timely completion of financial accruals, GL postings and monthly reconciliations.
- Work with payroll team to maintain internal loan accounts and reconcile period end payroll related balances
- Keep track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding receivables and ensure payments are accurately applied
- Develops a communication process between banks, third party vendors, and credit card service providers
- Review the daily cash application and balancing to sales, including reviewing GL sales postings. Ensure and any discrepancies are investigated, resolved and followed up
- In depth knowledge of existing and developing AR products, solutions, and systems.
- Ability to work independently, work with others and contribute to a team environment
- Post-secondary education; degree in Business, Finance or Economics is required
- A team player who gets results by collaboratively working with people as a problem solver and decisive decision maker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, deadline orientated with strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of any ERP system
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, CA
Application Deadline: N/A