Our PRESTO Division, Project Management Office is seeking a Project Manager to supervise projects on behalf of PRESTO, in compliance with the scope, budget, and schedules according to project definition and Project Charter; follow established project management processes for project reporting, resource management and risk management as directed by the Manager, PMO or Senior Project Manager as appropriate; ensures projects and sub-components are in compliance with Metrolinx’s policies and mandates.
- Reviews and advises on project contract documents (e.g. requests for acquisitions, requisitions for purchase orders, change orders for contracts and addenda for consultant agreements)
- Manages activities related to project scope, schedule, risk management, and quality assurance to ensure projects deliver expected outcomes
- Manages and directs resources to ensure the necessary level and capabilities are represented on a project team in order to ensure successful delivery of the project
- Reviews and evaluates studies, reports, design proposals, specifications and contract documents, to meet established policies, procedures and standards applicable to projects
- Provides direction and advice to staff and personnel assigned to individual projects, through all project stages (e.g. on administrative, design, editing, technical, estimating, and priority issues as appropriate).
- Develops and delivers reports and presentations defining plans, issues, status and resolutions to appropriate levels of management
- Leads the identification, assessment, mitigation and communication of project risks
- Leads the development, reviews and approvals of Project documentation and Project Plan documents
- Performs complete start to close-out project management on complex projects to ensure projects meet defined objectives, scope, budget and timelines
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of related project management and coordination experience, preferably in or technology related environments.
- Proficiency in the use of project management software and computer applications
- Experience implementing both infrastructure and software systems would be beneficial
- Knowledge theories, principles, and practices for project management of IT systems and technology projects that incorporate capital and operating components
- Demonstrated progressive experience in project management, planning, budgeting, prioritization and risk management, which preferably includes the deployment or implementation of large scale initiatives.
- Completion of a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent
- Effective written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills to articulate and present advice, options and recommendations to senior management and business clients on projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset.
- Leadership and management skills to manage and motivate cross functional teams and set high standards and clear expectations.
- Experience in procurement and contract management to initiate tenders, , make recommendations for approval, and plan, direct, coordinate and monitor the work of consultants for compliance with user group and Metrolinx standards, policies, and procedures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A