This position will be working out a number of locations such as: 3500 Wolfedale Rd, Mississauga & 81 Middlefield Rd, Scarborough (subject to change to Union Station Bus Terminal).
- Maintains current technical documentation and procedures on the operation and maintenance of GO Transit’s installed electronic equipment; ensures that staff and contractors adhere to documented procedures.
- Supervises staff scheduling and coverage to execute workload activities, deliver front-line incident resolution and fulfill service requests.
- Works with Network Operations group to coordinate IT Field Service requests with the Help Desk, providing a single point of contact for Field Service incident response and assign work request in the Service Desk ticket system.
- Supervises and supports procurement, installation planning, and electronic systems maintenance (i.e. fare collection, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)) to meet operational and customer service needs.
- Supervises electronic systems maintenance, administration, and enhancements required for safety, revenue generation, operations, and customer service to ensure continuous availability and provide full business value throughout the life of these systems.
- Active Supervision of IT Field Services Technicians in the field, attend to Site readiness visits, or other site visits requested by Capital Projects Group.
- Supervises and monitors the logistics and dispatch of the field services support vehicle used for service calls and preventive maintenance visits to geographically optimize service delivery and AVL technology.
- Supervises the effective, reliable, and economic delivery and installation of electronic systems (e.g. fare collection, video systems, digital clocks, telecommunication systems, Computer-Aided Dispatch/Automatic Vehicle Location (CAD/AVL), digital signage).
- Leads and supervises an IT Field Services team (e.g. knowledge base management, training and development), and monitors staffing levels to ensure team and individual performance consistently meet business needs
- Organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills and demonstrated ability to supervise staff in a unionized environment
- Current technological developments, specifically related to electronic/mechanical equipment
- A valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and meet the corporate standard for a good driving record is required.
- Procurement, operation and maintenance of distributed, complex, configurable electronic, telecommunications systems and related computer equipment
- Completion of a university degree in IT Electronic, Electrical and/or Telecommunications technology or related field – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Project management of significant projects including the development of systems requirements and technical specifications, and contract administration.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems, Electronics and communications systems operation supervision.
- Minimum six (6) years’ progressive experience in the Electronics/Telecommunications field, preferably in a leadership role within a unionized and/or public sector environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A