Our Engineering & Asset Management Team is looking for a Director, Track – Asset Management. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this Director will provide leadership to the development and compliance assurance of appropriate technical, systems engineering and asset management standards and specifications of high value transit assets throughout the asset life cycle to meet the corporate mandate and business objectives and to ensure safe and reliable asset operations.
- Ensures effective business processes and capabilities are in place for the technical reviews in accordance with IDR (Inter Disciplinary Review) practises, acceptance testing verification and approvals with respect to reliability, availability and maintainability safety (RAMS) of rail transit capital works throughout design, construction, handover, operation and maintenance.
- Directs the Track functional support for business case formulation, analysis and implementation of whole-life cost models to derive recommendations, support decision-making, justify resource commitments, and secure funding for new, life cycle renewal and/or replacement of existing assets
- Leads the preparation and consolidation of integrated progress including financial reports; provides regular updates to Senior Management, internal and external stakeholders, the Board and other interested parties; provides interpretation and actionable recommendations on both current delivery options and future strategic direction to decision-makers; makes visible significant impacts
- Leads the identification of innovative best practices for operational excellence; determines which options are feasible; submits business cases for change, and initiates changes to structure or operating practices upon approvals
- Directs Track functional auditing of asset operations and maintenance for adherence to required RAMS program activities and reporting requirements needed to evaluate overall system performance, reliability, and ability to meet contracted requirements and customer levels of service.
- Is accountable for the receival and entry of all Track functional documents and data to assigned IMS (Information Management Systems) or storage facilities.
- Manages Track related technical issues and risks, facilitates effective conflict resolution, and communicates with intra agency divisions, external contracted partners, and stakeholders.
- Directs the development of technical specification arrangements, requirements and acceptance criteria for the Track functions.
- Develops and leads a “Centre of Excellence” that provides specialized structures expertise to intra agency divisions, project delivery teams and external stakeholders to ensure safe and reliable asset operations.
- Valid Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) license recognized by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) is an asset
- Practical understanding of information technology capabilities and the budget process
- Front-line applied engineering experience is an asset
- University Degree in Engineering, and/or rail sector and related industry experience, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Knowledge of contract administration and construction safety
- Minimal fifteen (15) years experience in Track program/project Management, engineering and/or delivery, testing and commissioning, operations, and maintenance of railway transit systems or related industries.
- Negotiation and political acuity to protect future Ministry of Transportation-Ontario funding allocations impacting proposed plan rehabilitation and/or expansion programs
- Experience with project management in a highly sensitive, politically visible environment that demands responsiveness, flexibility and decisive expert leadership is required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A