The Electrification office is looking for a Reliability and Assurance Specialist to support the Project Manager, Electrification – Traction Power in the development, implementation and administration of risk-based compliance audit and assurance programs to monitor compliance to processes and asset operations and maintenance requirements by agency led delivery functions and outsourced operations and maintenance contracts including the assessment of deficiencies and recommendations for corrective actions.
- Closely collaborated with the asset manager and functional expert teams to develop, implement, and administer risk-based compliance audit and assurance programs and undertake field verification initiatives.
- Supports the control and development of new and agency retained assets and provides support and recommendations for asset development and SOGR programs to meet corporate objectives and customer levels of service requirements.
- As directed responsible for the extraction of data from primary and secondary sources for use in reporting and analytics to assess compliance status, monitor progress and the identification of issues and performance deficiencies.
- Supports the development and assignment of numerical values to essential functions so that the performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time including formulating asset information requirements and structured classifications.
- Supports forecasting, assessment, and prioritization of new procurement demand from across the organization and the process to identify and influence the current and future demand for, and level of service from, the organization’s asset base
- Assists in the review and assessment of compliance with asset operations and maintenance requirements, standards, and regulatory requirements by agency delivery divisions.
- Asset Management, EIT designation or C.E.T. certification will be an asset.
- Knowledgeable and able to support the progressive validation and compliance assurance for OPEX budget development and business process authorizations (Project Gateways).
- Knowledgeable of database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Able to support whole-life cost modeling processes and methods and able to support the translation of asset strategies into planned actions to achieve levels of service objectives and requirements.
- Knowledgeable and able to support the development, selection and communication of metrics and performance results through the regular reporting of information, reports, and key performance indicators (KPIs) required to make well-informed business and ALM decisions.
- Minimal four (4) years’ experience with a background in Electrical Engineering, information management, relational database design and development, business intelligence, data mining or statistics.
- Possesses strong mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- University Degree, or Diploma, in Engineering, Engineering Science or Management, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Able to support asset class whole life cost model outputs, content, and compliance review of annual asset management plans from external contracted parties where Metrolinx has outsourced asset management responsibilities.
- Able to support the review of revised annual asset management plans based on the output from the whole life cost model resulting from alignment of asset investment plans and interventions to Asset Management and corporate objectives for the asset class or Metrolinx asset base.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A