We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Environmental Programs and Assessment (EPA) Group is seeking 2 Managers to lead a variety of environmental initiatives and projects.
- Review tender documents and reports to provide advice on environmental-related matters.
- Lead a group of technical professionals to ensure timely delivery of projects and programs, and takes corrective action as required to ensure deliverables are on time and budget.
- Oversee various environmental initiatives including the planning and execution of environmental projects, programs, Environmental Assessments (EAs) and studies to facilitate the delivery of corporate initiatives or infrastructure projects such as GO Expansion, Rapid Transit and Subways.
- Act as liaison for key external stakeholders including regulatory bodies and maintain relationships with key regulators such as MECP, MNRF, MHSTCI, municipalities and Conservation Authorities.
- Provide professional guidance and recommendations regarding environmental matters throughout the organization, and communicates policies, procedures and applicable law.
- Provide technical expertise and oversight on environmental initiatives including realty due diligence, oversight of standing agreements with Consultants for emerging works, complex environmental and regulatory issues, obtaining environmental permits and approvals, completion of EAs and other environmental studies.
- Ensure consistency in overall approach for Metrolinx undertakings and application of applicable law such as O.Reg. 231/08 (Transit Project Assessment Process).
- Oversee and monitor the appropriate application of environmental regulatory requirements to projects.
- Excellent human relations skills and experience working with, and supporting buy-in from, various stakeholder groups especially during public, Indigenous community and stakeholder engagement during contentious capital undertakings.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety and all other training required by corporate policy.
- Demonstrated experience and technical expertise in completion of EAs, and other environmental studies for infrastructure projects, preferably in the government or transportation sector.
- Experience effectively liaising with regulatory bodies at all levels of government (e.g. federal agencies, provincial ministries, Conservation Authorities, municipalities), Indigenous communities and stakeholder groups.
- A valid Ontario Class G driver’s license is required to travel to various site locations, meetings, etc. Must meet and maintain the corporate standard for a good driving record.
- Leadership experience successfully coaching, mentoring and managing a team of professionals in support of professional development and project delivery.
- University degree in a related discipline (Planning, Environmental Science, Engineering) and ten (10) years of related experience. RPP, P.Geo., or P.Eng. designation would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Ontario and Canadian applicable law including relating to EA process, noise and vibration, air quality, contamination, archaeology, built heritage, natural environment and species at risk.
- Sound knowledge of management/project management principles, including budget and schedule controls, leading cross-functional teams and consultants engaged in simultaneous projects.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A