Our Accounting Office is seeking an Assistant Manager, Accounts Payable to lead the Accounts Payable (AP) department while focusing on compliance, process review and ensuring AP performance objectives are met. To manage the development and implementation of new processes to improve efficiencies and enhance controls. To ensure operating procedures for accounts payable and payment processes are kept up to date.
- Establishes departmental policies and procedures (i.e. administering, tracking, and reporting on AP KPIs and processes,) and vendor contract related information; maintains AP guidelines by updating policies and procedures, as required.
- Leads the creation, development, implementation of procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to Metrolinx guidelines and polices.
- Recommends and implements AP process improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage monthly closing of accounts payable records and posting of month end information.
- Take corrective action to resolve Accounts Payable KPI variances.
- Provide guidance and support to internal customers with regards to Accounts Payable activities.
- Liaise with business units to resolve AP inquiries and discrepancies, exchange information and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Build and maintain excellent customer relations with both internal and external personnel by investigating and resolving processing issues and concerns on a timely basis.
- Leads the development and reporting of AP performance metrics (e.g. invoice volume, debit balances) and KPI’s.
- Manages the client service relationship between AP and corporate clients; acts as AP subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues, and manages changes that improve service levels.
- Undertakes and participates in accounting projects and represents Accounts Payable in corporate accounting system implementations and upgrades and manage Accounts Payable user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for review and approval of payments.
- Exceptional ability to build rapport and partnerships with team members and business units.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possession of a professional accounting designation such as Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) would be an asset.
- Principles and practices of the accounts payable function and related activities.
- Strong relationship management, customer service and interpersonal, oral/written/presentation skills with all staff levels to convey and gather information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully develop, coach, and mentor others for effective job performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels within the organization from clerical staff to senior Executives.
- Experience with a large ERP system is a must. Oracle experience is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) with particular proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in managing and supervising Accounts Payable, ideally within a unionized environment.
- Completion of a post – secondary school degree or diploma in Accounting, or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A