Our Commercial Management office is looking for a Contract Analyst to join the Client Contract Administration team. The successful candidate will provide commercially and financially-informed analytical support to assigned divisions including Metrolinx Payments; key responsibilities will include understanding and documenting the financial and commercial impact of business processes (e.g. audit, legal, commercial and contract requirements) to evaluate current and future business activities, and delivering timely and accurate commercial and operational excellence.
- Conducts impact assessments, cost estimates and identifies solutions, related to contract change requests, partnering with technical and operational units and Business Relationship Management to ensure execution of amendments
- Other duties as assigned
- Solicits, examines and analyses performance and technical assessment results from business units to ensure that Metrolinx’s contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Consults with key stakeholders, at all levels within the organization, to collect their input regarding needs, service delivery, and quality to ensure business alignment with agreements and contracts
- Thoroughly understands the business, market and competitive environment in order to bring insights and recommendations for adjustments that will resolve contractual issues
- Conducts oversight of contracts and provides analysis on costs of vendor contracts contributing to the development of improvements to the vendor management process and cost effectiveness
- Supports a team working environment that is aligned with the organization’s desire to be a “best company to work for”
- Develops portfolio-based performance reports for Metrolinx departments including a clear analysis that outlines any political and/or business risks along with an assessment and summary of all report data
- Minimizes corporate liability by working with internal stakeholders to identify and manage political and business risks and resolve escalating issues
- Completion of a university degree in Business Administration, Law, or Public Administration – or an advanced/specialist certification.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work productively with a wide array of different people and groups at all levels within the organization to effectively and efficiently manage contractual issues and solicit performance and technical assessment results.
- Excellent negotiation skills and relationship development and management skills.
- Effective project management skills to conduct impact assessments, cost estimates, identify solutions and risks to recommend and execute amendments.
- Strong orientation to financial imperatives to lead work with budgets, planning, and detailed contractual analysis.
- A valid driver’s license is required to travel to various site locations.
- Proven knowledge of risk management systems and processes to identify and mitigate risk.
- Strong analytical skills to (pro-actively) identify issues, assess options and recommend solutions to executive management.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in vendor/contract management, including monitoring and resolving vendor contract issues in a fast-paced professional environment. Experience in the transit industry is preferable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A