The Premier Field Engineering (PFE) team provides technical support for Microsoft’s Premier customers worldwide through onsite and remote support services. PFEs act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical troubleshooting support and problem resolution for Product Support Services and corporate customers, including issues escalated to the highest levels of management. Most of the work is proactive deliveries to Microsoft’s Premier customers.The ideal candidate should have at least 8-10 years of experience with SQL Server. This position is targeted for both dedicated support roles and short term reactive support and proactive engagements where overnight travel is required. Travel requirements vary regionally; expectation is around 50% – 70%.
- Develop relationships with technical directors or lead architects for the technology you support resulting in more participation in planning and improved satisfaction in support consulting.
- Partner with Premier Service Delivery Managers to effectively manage hot-sites including documented action plans and daily status updates for the customer and Microsoft management.
- Develop working relationships within the PFE Organization that result in increased cooperation and mutual support in fulfilling our customer mission.
- Develop a working relationship with Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS), SE and field staff at your accounts that results in increased cooperation and mutual support in achieving each other’s goals.
- Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
- Act as a resource for on-going SQL planning and deployment.
- Help with analysis of migration to new SQL environments.
- Provide SQL workshops and training for customer’s existing support staff.
- Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, knowledge transfer, and opportunity generation. Manage escalations and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality resolution of all issues.
- Develop and implement strategies for providing facilitative support resulting in fewer incidents, increased availability, or accelerated deployments
- Deep technical knowledge/experience on SQL HA/DR solutions.
- Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
- Experience delivering and/or authoring technical training
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science. Will consider related equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Ability to manage challenging technical issues by setting customer expectations, devising and implementing action plans, participating in on-call shifts, having a willingness to go the extra mile and professionally communicating to all parties involved.
- Fluency in English is required.
- SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005.
- Deep experience in SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Power BI.
- Exposure to and some knowledge about SQL Server 2014
- Fair knowledge on Windows clustering – Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
Application Deadline: N/A