Website Ministry of Justice
The Court Usher acts as an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings. There will be regular contact with the judiciary, assisting the administrative staff with the smooth flow of court work. You will meet members of the public and their legal representatives; prepare court /hearing rooms, and complete documentation, as well as ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently. You will also carry out some general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS.
- Using electronic diaries
- Providing support to colleagues & judiciary outside of court / hearing times
- Preparing rooms for hearings, tribunals, trials, meetings and clearing the court / hearing room down at the end of the day etc.
- Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
- General clerical work, including use of computers and Switchboard
- Filling out forms
- Resulting, checking accuracy and completeness against guidelines or a proforma, straightforward money handling e.g. issuing jury payments, spending petty cash under instruction.
- Collecting and delivering stationary around the offices
- Ensuring Court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationary
- Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal & external notice boards
Qualification & Experience:
2 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications OR have experience of working with the public in a busy public service environment. Ability to use a computer at the level required for the work.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottinghm, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A