Website Ministry of Justice
Civil Service HR Casework Service (CS HR Casework Service) (supplied by MoJ) is the preferred supplier of HR Casework for small and medium sized Government Departments. To date, CS HR Casework Service (supplied by MoJ) is responsible for delivering a casework service to over 40 Government Departments, covering over 36% of the Civil Service’s headcount. The service is delivered both remotely and face to face. Clients initially access the service via email or telephoning the Managers Advice Line (MAL).
- Managing a portfolio of HR cases where face to face and remote intervention is required. Face to face support is within geographical areas. Considerable autonomy with the role is also offered. Examples of a HR case include (but are not limited to); long term sickness, conduct and discipline, grievances and grievance panels, appeals against warnings and dismissals, Civil Service Appeals Board (CSABs) and Employment Tribunals.
- Supporting managers nationally via the MAL and email.
- Supporting managers and employees nationally via the Early Resolution Line.
- Ensuring cases are managed in a timely manner and appropriate conclusions met. Adhering to employment law, policies, business and operational need.
- Providing managers with advice and guidance which adheres to a range of policies and terms and conditions and meets the operational and business needs.
- Coaching client’s managers to improve their competence and confidence to manage cases.
- Delivering a high-quality service to all parties involved in an HR case.
- Demonstrating a strong customer service focus – building and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and customers.
- Accurately recording and providing management information as required.
- Demonstrating a pragmatic attitude and taking responsibility for personal development and contributing to growth within the team.
- Pro-actively supporting a culture of continuous improvement and initiatives within HR, including supporting, managing or leading projects.
- HR Advisory or relevant knowledge – proven experience of managing HR cases and delivering sound HR casework advice. For example, evidence of showing sound judgement when analysing and advising on HR cases that demonstrate an up to date knowledge and understanding of Employment Law. Other relevant experience will be considered.
- Resilience – adaptability, mental agility, emotional intelligence.
- Interpretation and assimilation of information – gathering facts, sifting information and relaying information in an understandable format.
- Strong face to face and telephone communication skills – active listening and influencing skills, understanding of the risk appetite of the customer and appropriately seeking legal advice, including case escalation as required.
- Ability to deal with internal and external stakeholders (including sensitive and complex issues) – e.g. clients, legal team, HR Business Partners, Civil Service Employee Policy.
- Personal Development – increasing own capability and can demonstrate CPD, HR and legal knowledge kept up to date.
- Working to deadlines – crucial in ET context.
- A good level of computer literacy in Microsoft applications.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A