- From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s fourth largest supermarket we are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service.
- Our business is mainly food & grocery and, uniquely, we source & process most of the fresh food that we sell through our own manufacturing facilities.
- We’re recruiting for a high performing Market Street Meat & Fish Manager to help our business to continue to grow and succeed.
- Market street is what makes us different, our close relationships with farmers and growers means we know exactly where our food comes from – so we’re able to deliver good quality and great value on Market Street every day
- Mentoring & inspiring the team to deliver exceptional Customer Service and driving sales, our Market Street Meat & Fish Managers takes pride in the products and displays we offer our customers.
- Listen and respond to our customers feedback and react accordingly
- Identify and develop talent within the department
- Ensure market leading availability across the store.
- Deliver training to ensure team have the capability and confidence to deliver their role
- Efficiently manage all people routines, taking accountability of department(s) scheduling, absence, performance and talent conversations
- Ensure resource is planned thoroughly
- Build effective relationships with other operating departments
- Take a leadership role within the store
- Work with the other Managers in store to lead a supportive and performance driven department
- Lead and empower colleagues to always put the customer first and deliver outstanding customer service
- Lead colleagues to work with purpose, delivering outstanding performance against all relevant targets across the department(s)
- Enable colleagues to work with confidence across various departments
- You will need to have the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all areas whilst remaining flexible
- You must be adaptable to change, whilst being able to challenge effectively
- As a Manager, you will actively listen to and respond effectively to customers and colleagues
- Experience of managing a team in a fast paced environment
- You will need to be a great communicator who can share knowledge, experience and best practices
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A