Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The position is located in the Consulting Services Division within the NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) Human Resources Office. You will serve as a Human Resources Specialist supporting various HR functional areas such as new employee orientation, recruitment efforts, staffing administrative support and other duties as assigned.
- Manages the recruitment plan based on Agency and Center strategic workforce hiring goals and objectives.
- Works with hiring managers and Human Resources Business Partners to assist in the development of a recruitment plan/strategy for vacant positions.
- Compiles applicant/candidate data from recruitment efforts and other sources to create and manage email list servers/distribution lists, to enable effective communication with qualified candidates.
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Reviews, monitors, and maintains center staffing reports to locate and recommend efficiencies, ensures deadlines and metrics are accurate, and advises on new hire in-processing.
- Serves as the New Employee Orientation Program Manager, coordinating and participating in the new employee orientation process, and collecting and processing employment information, ensuring successful on-boarding for all new hires.
- Enters, attaches, and processes employment information in appropriate HR systems to enable the on-boarding of new NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) employees.
- Fully supports career fairs and recruiting events by coordinating the logistics, tracking the availability of recruitment materials and exhibits, and assuring each event has appropriate recruiter coverage. May serve as recruiter in some cases.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S
- You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade, which has equipped you with the particular competencies needed to successfully perform the duties of the position described above.
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A