Website National Park Service
Interpretive Rangers develop and present educational programs including guided walks and presentations working with audiences in a variety of park settings.
- Develop and present a variety of programs including guided walks, illustrated talks (PowerPoint amphitheater and campfire programs) and demonstrations.
- Actively promote the safety of park visitors and stewardship of park resources in all interactions, and potentially serve as the initial contact for accident reporting and emergency assistance.
- Provide informal interpretation and orientation for park guests in visitor centers, ranger stations and while roving in the field.
- Develop programs using principles of the NPS thematic interpretation model through topic research, familiarity with and creative use of delivery techniques.
- Perform cashier duties and assist with a variety of special projects to support park goals.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and/or shift work.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- You may be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Government housing may be available.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Occupancy of government quarters may be required.
- Males must meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A