Website National Park Service
The position will be within the Southeast Region 2 in the Division of Contracting and Financial Assistance located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Identifies necessary region-wide property management training and ensures that all personnel responsible for property management functions are properly trained. When necessary, the incumbent conducts property management training courses.
- Provides directions and oversight to parks for conducting Boards of Survey.(BOS). Makes OS appointments and coordinates .all processes on employee findings related to financial liability for government loss of property.
- Oversees and coordinates the annual property inventory for the region
- Uses available data to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of resources utilization.
- Resolves procedural misunderstanding and promotes continuous interchange of ideas and information among the various levels of the organizations; solves problems arising because of frequent deviation from the normal patterns of supply distribution, items requirement specialist controls and changes in replacement or wear out rates of supplies/equipment and analyses the cause of the problem and initiates appropriate correction action to prevent recurrences of these problems.
- Interfaces with other administrative activities which include acquisitions, both regional and field offices.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal civilian employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver’s license is required. You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver’s licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- You may be required to complete training and operate a four-wheel drive vehicle.ay be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A