Website National Park Service
These Association of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO) or International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) certified positions with Blue Ridge Parkway provide primary telecommunications & logistical support for the day-to-day & emergency operations, law enforcement information gathering & dissemination, wildfire response, & maintenance operations for the National Park Service’s most frequented unit covering 469 miles, 2 states, 29 counties, & 150 cooperative local agencies.
As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible fro operation of computerized dispatch consoles and related equipment in the course of serving as the primary point of contact for law enforcement, emergency medical, wildland fire, and search and rescue incidents. You must be able to independently coordinate appropriate response to emergency incidents and complete appropriate documentation. In addition, you will operate public safety computer networks and maintain appropriate certification; follow state and federal guidelines and protocols; and routinely use computers and programs for record management.
One of these positions will be on a 5/4/9 alternate work schedule on graveyard shift with scheduled overnight shifts from 10:00pm to 7:00am. One position is scheduled for 5 – 8 hours days a week with rotating shifts scheduled between 6:30am – 11:30pm. Please indicate your desired schedule in your resume when applying.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- Any individual who is currently holding, or has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet time-in-grade requirements (must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent in the Federal service). Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denali, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A