A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail. As this position is remote, a successful candidate will have the ability to work independently. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires a proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment, effective communication, and initiative.
- Collaborate with Transportation Manager on building training programs, writing department workflows, and creating infrastructure for Canadian productions
- Provide insight into Canadian production workflows and how they impact the transportation department and our regulatory requirements.
- Set up accounts with Third Party Administrators (TPAs) to manage required driver qualification and log auditing.
- Provide general compliance oversight and necessary training to Transportation Administrators, Drivers and Transportation Management to ensure understanding and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Assist the Supervisor in research and application of provincial and national governing regulations and exemptions, and advise the Transportation team on any upcoming changes/modifications.
- Engage with various Federal, Provincial and Local NSC regulatory agencies.
- Set up/maintain/close motor carrier registration numbers (NSC, CVOR, etc.).
- Assist Transportation Supervisor with random auditing of NSC compliance paperwork.
- Participate in exploring, testing, and piloting new programs and technologies to see how they will affect our industry in an effort to streamline film and television production transportation compliance.
- Monitor production compliance status and work with Transportation Administrators to identify deficiencies and provide additional instruction, insight and support when needed.
- Maintain and update transportation manuals and workflow docs.
- Strong project management background
- Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current regulations both domestically and internationally.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the application and communication of basic data analysis to identify trends and enhance our understanding of transportation related concerns.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in the Entertainment transportation industry and experience in National Safety Code motor carrier regulations.
- Able to manage and secure confidential information, and the discretion to employ appropriate control measures to protect privacy.
- Physical production experience in Canadian film or television is required.
- Able to handle a fast paced environment, prioritize tasks and respond to requests accordingly
- A curious mind with an emphasis on technology and a passion for innovation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A