In this role, you will help develop business and legal affairs strategy across the region and be responsible to structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to develop, produce and/or license animated programming from rights acquisition through production, post-production and exhibition on Netflix’s global streaming service. You will be familiar with doing business in the region (with an emphasis on France, Spain, and the UK), have a strong understanding of commercial terms for animated programming in-region, and an awareness of the animation landscape, producers and rights holders in-region more generally.
- The successful candidate will partner closely with cross-functional teams working on International animated series in the region — Content, Intellectual Property, Physical Production, Consumer Products, and Production Finance — and will be an integral part of the growing Content Legal group in EMEA.
- They should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts, and should be adept at developing and fostering relationships with their counterparts within the EMEA production community.
- Must speak fluent English, and additional French or Spanish language fluency is a plus.
- Experience with consumer products and kids focused intellectual property and franchises is also a plus.
- Practical knowledge of the industry, producers and distributors throughout the region.
- Direct experience drafting and negotiating all forms of rights acquisition and production agreements for animated programming (including both above-the-line and below-the-line agreements)
- Proven years of post-qualification experience at a law firm, production company, studio, talent agency, or other media company in EMEA with a focus on development and production matters in the animation space.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A