As Netflix continues to grow, we are venturing into exciting new frontiers of personalization to help our members find the content they’ll most enjoy. We seek to make a personalized user experience that adapts to the needs of each of our members around the world. This means going beyond just what is recommended to personalize how we display the recommendations and the way a member interacts with the user experience. Through this we want to provide each member with the best possible version of Netflix for them instead of a one-size-fits-all experience. We also seek to give each movie, game or TV show its best opportunity to appeal to our members by personalizing how it is displayed on Netflix: its artwork, trailers, metadata, explanations, etc. This allows us to provide each member with the most useful information for them when deciding what to watch and the confidence they’re making a good decision for how to spend their time.
- In this role you will be responsible for building and leading a team of world-class researchers and engineers doing cutting-edge applied machine learning.
- You will help select and guide projects from end-to-end: idea to production A/B tests.
- You will partner with people from many disciplines, including user experience designers, asset creation experts, application engineers, data scientists, and user interface teams.
- Your team will be responsible for the production algorithms, innovating on them, and developing new ones.
- To be successful in this role, you need a strong machine learning background, to be a quick learner, data-driven, have a passion for personalization, have proven engineering and skills, and the ability to lead large multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams.
- You also need to be great at giving and receiving feedback, championing new ideas, empowering others, and balancing the needs of both research and engineering.
- Broad knowledge of machine learning with strong mathematical foundation
- Experience leading in alignment with our unique culture
- Strong communication skills and the ability to partner with teams spanning many disciplines
- Experience leading software engineering and design efforts for large-scale systems
- A/B testing
- Deep Learning, Bandits, Reinforcement Learning, or Causal Inference
- Experience leading successful application of machine learning to real-world problems
- Experience building and leading a high-performing team of researchers and engineers
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field
- Spark, TensorFlow, Keras
- Experience leading and conducting applied research in machine learning
- Recommendation Systems, Personalization, Computer Vision, or Search
- Java, Scala, Python
- Great interpersonal skills
- Working with UI/UX designers and engineers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Gatos, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A