The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel
- Translates confidential e-mail and other written documentation from Japanese to English, and English to Japanese as needed.
- Interprets in-person and video conference meetings
- Schedules internal and external meetings, including international conference calls and videoconferences.
- Coordinates calendar for the Executive and department management.
- Handles special projects on behalf of the Executive as assigned.
- Screens telephone calls and handles or re-routes as appropriate (independently handles a significant number of inquiries).
- Coordinates and prepares various arrangements such as travel, budgets, expense reporting and department supplies ordering.
- Prepares correspondence and reports in Japanese and English as needed.
- Works closely with the Executive on highly confidential matters that may include interacting with senior corporate executives and local, national and international officials.
- Exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Share and manage the group companies’ marketing support data internally.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Native level written and verbal fluency in English and Japanese
- Professional training in Translation/Interpretation or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to consistently produce accurate work under fluctuating schedules and priorities
- Professional work experience in the US and Japan preferred.
- Demonstrated experience providing professional level translation/interpretation support in a business environment
- Proficient in Outlook calendaring, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint in English and Japanese. Familiarity in Visio.
- Five or more years of experience as an Executive Assistant or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with US and Japanese business culture
- Interest in and/or knowledge of Nintendo products
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A