Website National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
This position is also announced under vacancy number NMFS-SI-2021-0010 which is open to Status Candidates. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
As a Consumer Safety Officer, you will perform the following duties:
- Conduct audits of seafood processing facilities and vessels to evaluate the safety, healthy and quality of seafood products in accordance with program policy.
- Assist with the implementation of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control point (HACCP) process in facility audits and inspections to identify violations and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide guidance and information to seafood industry customers and to team members in support of inspection and audit activities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills while collaborating with Federal, State, national, local and industry contacts about inspection criteria and results.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Qualifications requirements must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Must submit Financial Disclosure Form, OGE 450.
Company: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A