Website National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Environmental Satellite Data and Information Service (NESDIS), Office of Satellite and Product Operations (OSPO) with two vacancies in Suitland, MD.
- Provide advice and guidance on matters of budget preparation, execution, and unfunded requirements. Provide responses to auditor questions as necessary and propose corrections to adjust for operational changes as needed.
- Prepare thorough and accurate documentation for submission to OSPO senior management. Develop briefing materials, quad charts and narratives justifying budget estimate proposals. Prepare and/or review obligation documents to ensure adherence to spending plans. Maintain and report on control of actual obligations vs monthly and quarterly plans, by budget line item, object class and total.
- Serve as Budget Analyst in the Office of Satellite and Product Operations (OSPO) Headquarters Budget Office responsible for performing budget functions that support the mission of the OSPO Program such as developing and executing spending plans, preparing documentation, tracking and reporting goals and objectives, and providing advice on budget matters.
- Work collaboratively with OSPO Division Chiefs or representative to develop and execute spending plans. Use current and projected actuals for use in developing cost spending plans. Identify adjustments to baseline spending plan if necessary and coordinate and complete spending plan adjustments as required.
- Must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Must be suitable for Federal employment.
- Time-in-grade/band must be met by closing date of announcement.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
Company: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charleston, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A