Website Norfolk Southern
Supervises and coordinates all phases of inspection, maintenance, and construction of the Norfolk Southern Corporation communications and signal facilities within an assigned territory.
- Ensures compliance with company and departmental safety rules through an organized safety program on the territory. Monitors the actions of subordinates in regard to safety, insuring safety of tools and equipment being used, and providing training and enforcement as necessary.
- Supports efforts of local safety committees, and promotes the establishment and maintaining of a safe and efficient working environment for field personnel.
- Manages and provides direction, coordinates work, and expenditures of personnel on a territory, in order to provide a safe, reliable, economic, and efficient communication and signal system on a territory.
- Supervises hourly and monthly paid Brotherhood of Railway Signalmen (BRS) personnel in the performance of their duties to ensure effective signal operation that complies with or exceeds Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
- Provides accurate and concise field information and data used by Communications and Signal Engineering forces in the design of construction projects.
- Time Management
- Prioritizing Work Demands
- Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizing
Company: Norfolk Southern
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Altoona, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A