Website Office Depot
The Director of Sales Initiatives will oversee key sales functions in preparation for moving to the Director of Sales role which is responsible for the management of a sales team including leadership support of the team, performance management, professional development, and goal setting to ensure team success. He/she will direct and support consistent implementation of the business’s key initiatives in all sales strategies. This role is a highly collaborative position and will require the Director of Sales Initiatives to work closely with a variety of departments across a broad spectrum of internal and external partners inclusive, but not limited to: External vendors, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Merchandising, Sales Operations and the Executive Leadership team.
- Customer Focus: Leads assigned initiatives to ensure strong customer relationships. Develops a culture of customer focus to drive success. Uncovers new business opportunities and presents business case to senior management to improve overall sales profitability.
- Lead/manage key sales initiatives as assigned by the VP of Sales Operations with a goal of transforming the BSD sales organization and maximizing sales and profitability.
- Matrix Teamwork: Maintains a direct level of communication with sales leadership and Office Depot Corporate functions in support of an integrated work environment.
- Complete all assigned training in preparation for move to field sales role.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead a team across a large geography.
- Proven success in executive leadership assignments with a successful P&L track record.
- Strong conceptualization and communication skills augmented by diplomacy.
- Personal “bandwidth” to function in a matrix management environment on an international basis.
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects within a multi-channel large organization.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to convert concepts into tactical plans effectively.
- Ability to lead an organization to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- Capacity to execute work in a rapid and efficient manner.
- Decision making ability with a bias for action and sense of urgency.
Qualification & Experience:
- Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
- Years of Experience: Minimum 7 year experience in related field
- Type of Experience: Sales, Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A