Website Office Depot
The Strategic Account Manager is an outside sales position responsible for managing an existing base of strategic account customers (greater than $1.5M in annual spend) by growing share of wallet and improving retention within these customer relationships. This role will have a matrix partnership team to include a cross-functional experts on our office solutions, customer success coordination support, and account executives that focuses on new logos for assigned portfolio.
This position will work towards strengthening the business relationship and maximizing the penetration opportunities by providing full potential with value-add solutions in all product categories by developing and executing on strategic customer account plans. The Strategic Account Manager achieves assigned sales quota, profitability rates, strategic customer objectives in assigned strategic account base while maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Matrix Team: Bring net new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer. Assist in creating an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement. Demonstrate a commitment to excellence. Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement. Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization.
- Maintains customer information in Office Depot’s CRM.
- Account Retention and Growth: Engaged in sales activities outside of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with decision influencers, decision makers, end users, current buyers and new prospects within a company on a regular basis. Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities.
- Ensure Office Depot can earn appropriate profitability based on customer profile in volume, size and service requirements. This will require the development of and execution of pricing strategies and tactics. Present Office Depot solutions that relate directly to key needs and business issues of customer.
- Customer Management: Network through organizations and industries of focus. Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development. Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections. Provide guidance on customer and prospect strategic initiatives and expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high-level strategies. Build and expand relationships with decision makers in prospect and customer accounts. Establish yourself as a “Trusted Advisor” to the prospect or customer.
- Ability to create strong customer loyalty.
- Comfortable speaking with C-Suite about financial metrics, calculations and assumptions in business case.
- Ability to get customer involved in creating business case and value propositions.
- Previous experience within the office supplies industry preferred.
- Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities.
- Ability to work in complex and consultative sales environment.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Fluid organization agility (the ability to quickly learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry, the current trends and changes, as well as leverage that information to the benefit of Office Depot and the customer.
- Driven to invest time in self-education that can be applied in a professional context.
Qualification & Experience:
- Years of Experience: Minimum 7 year experience in related field
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelors preferred
- Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shreveport, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A