Website Office Depot
The Bid Associate role will focus on the Direct Sourcing categories and will be a member of a team responsible for managing all pre-sale activities associated with product cost and negotiating special pricing with our distributors and OEM partners.
The Bid Associate will aggregate requests from BSD sales to negotiate competitive pricing. To do that effectively, they will remain current on category market trends, supplier economics, and procurement best practices. Working with BSD Inside/Field Sales and suppliers, they will champion a strategic sourcing process that will substantially reduce total product costs while ensuring quality, supply and cost competitiveness. They will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage the process from concept through to completion.
- Upon deal approval received from BSD Sales Teams, work directly with distributors and OEMs to negotiate products costs to ensure maximum profitability for Office Depot. Utilize strategic thinking to aggregate requests to leverage buys to drive a competitive advantage.
- Network across Office Depot and CompuCom Sales Teams. Build strong relationships with stakeholders and develop sourcing strategies to support the business.
- Complete all steps of the deal registration process from developing pricing strategies to final proposal allowing sales managers more time to prospect additional opportunities.
- Work closely with Procurement and Sales leadership to provide real-time dashboard visibility on negotiations.
- Manage supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), eAuctions and a data driven approach.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers ensuring they meet quality and service requirements while maintaining competitive prices.
- Project management skills – highly organized, ability to manage complex projects with close attention to detail for large enterprise customers
- Track record of prior technology sales experience and/or cost negotiations either at Office Depot or prior organization
- Strategic Sourcing and/or Procurement or Inside Sales
- Understanding of vendor special pricing programs, such as Lenovo & HP and all channel incentives
- Ability to coordinate across a multi-department team
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with constant deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to think strategic – aggregate incoming requests to formulate a strategy for competitive bid
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of working with and managing cross functional teams to ensure all project deliverables and timelines are met
- Track record of strong negotiation skills with demonstrable KPIs around win rates or negotiation outcomes
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience validating end user eligibility, entering associated costs and discounts based on the terms and conditions of special OEM pricing programs
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A