Website Office Depot
Office Depot is a brand you’ve counted on since 1986 for your office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail network and world-class technology platforms. As the business landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we do business. We’re reinventing ourselves and making significant investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a part of this revolutionary change!
- Manage project timelines and budget, responsible for application/system, including scopes, timelines, dependencies and deliverables; Assign work to resources and responsible for the allocation and movement of resources from project to project. Work with the team in the follow-up of the execution of the project.
- Work closely with business partners and customers to understand their needs and provide appropriate solutions. Responsible for project estimation and put together execution plans.
- Responsible for all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle for a fast-paced agile development team, leveraging enterprise Java to deliver continuous enhancements for a massively scalable, high performance, international e-commerce platform.
- Work together with Product Managers, UX Designers & Researchers, Technical Architects, Business owners and testing teams.
- Guide the development team in overall application technology design activities; Grow the development team in terms of knowledge and understanding of the systems and best practices in software development practices.
- Participate in technical design review meetings held across different time zones.
- Manage and develop the team, including hiring, goal setting, performance management, coaching, projects and training. Work with team members to develop career paths and opportunities within the organization. Foster growth and skill acquisition/development for the team leads.
- Provide a creative environment where challenges are embraced and where difficult tasks are valued.
- Assess the business and organization implications of key application technology alternatives for wide-impact initiatives; Mapping requirements to a software solution in accordance with the overall architecture of the system; recommend appropriate strategic action.
- Exceptional business case analysis, planning, project management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated history of managing software development teams, especially managing e-commerce projects and using new technologies based
- on business needs.
- Prior track record in building software development teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years in design and development of E-Commerce Applications.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years in overall software engineering design and development experience.
- 3+ years in software engineering management roles.
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A