Website Office Depot
Office Depot is a brand you’ve counted on since 1986 for your office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail network and world-class technology platforms. As the business landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we do business. We’re reinventing ourselves and making significant investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a part of this revolutionary change!
- Delivery and Production – Identifies and executes new methods to deliver and monitor UI text to increase speed or quality; Leads in collaboration with other designers as well as partners in engineering and/or marketing to improve experiences for customers; also produces scalable mechanisms for a large portfolio of products to achieve high quality of communication.
- Research Methodologies – Independently partners with research experts and end users for complex or broad UI text changes. Uses data and research methodologies to improve the user’s comprehension; Develops and mentors others across the UX team on how to improve overall customer experience with the best possible choices in UI text.
- Writing Excellence – Chooses words with care for the user, an understanding of the touchpoint and the variations expected for (i.e. release notes versus on-screen copy), understanding of the intended tone, and best practices in grammar and UI writing structure. Knows from experience and testing the right time to diverge from the norm to improve the experience.
- Customer Advocacy – Uncovers non-obvious user problems related to UI text; supports others in understanding UI text-related user needs.
- Introduces new ways of elevating the experience with UI text or design changes to accommodate a content strategy that is either broadly applicable or in new depth for specific areas of interest. Mentors others in how to design with content strategy and internal style definition in mind.
- Collaboration Techniques – Develops and operationalizes formal and informal techniques for working with cross-functional teams on text-heavy or content strategy dependent designs.
- Strategic Design Decisioning – Drives UI text guidelines used across multiple technologies that elevates and completes a design direction.
- Comfortable presenting broad text choices with clarity and poise to highest levels of leadership in design, marketing, tech or business; clearly depicts why style guidelines, text choices, or content strategy is achieving the goal for the user and the business; integrates multi-phased approaches for long-term initiatives that cross multiple tech experiences.
- Area of Study: Not required. Likely candidates have degree in Communication or Journalism.
- Level of Formal Education: Not Required
- Makes decisions using analytical thinking
- Builds collaborative relationships
- Has relentless focus on customers; engages with them directly to bring their needs to the center of the design and build process.
- Has impeccable attention to detail, from problem statement to pixels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Years of Experience: 10+ years of experience
- Type of Experience: Writing text for software UI, documentation
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Athens, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A