Website Office Depot
Office Depot is a brand you’ve counted on since 1986 for your office supplies and business services, supported by a strong retail network and world-class technology platforms. As the business landscape continues to evolve, we are changing the way we look at our technology platforms to drive significant change in the way we do business. We’re reinventing ourselves and making significant investments in our multi-billion-dollar digital platforms to drive growth in our range of B2B products & services. Apply today to be a part of this revolutionary change!
- Help drive continued modernization of use of tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.) and design methodologies (workshops, design ops, research methods, etc.) for the organization.
- Present strategic design decisions with clarity and poise to highest levels of leadership; clearly depicts why design is achieving the goal for the user and the business; integrates multi-phased approaches for long-term initiatives that cross multiple tech experiences.
- Develop and operationalize formal and informal techniques for diverging and converging on problems and solutions; lead teams into deep analysis of solutions.
- Independently partner with research experts and end users, beyond usability testing. Use data and research methodologies to improve the customer experience; Develop and mentor other across the UX team on research activities and customer engagements.
- Identify means in which teams engage; Lead in collaboration with other designers as well as partner with engineering and product management to achieve business outcomes; also produce assets such as wire-frames, UI design or prototyping as needed for portfolio of products.
- Mastery of Sketch, InVision, and similar
- Builds Collaborative Relationships: Anticipates customer needs and champions initiatives to increase customer satisfaction. Builds effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interaction design, service design, visual design, UX writing, voice design
- Makes Decisions Using Analytical Thinking: analyzes and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources. Sees key, high level trends across data sets. Recognizes subtle inter-relationships among multiple issues and sees the potential effects on the overall system or process.
- Technical Competencies:
- Relentless attention to detail
- Skills and Ability: A solid command of these skills will allow you to be successful in this role:
- Web and mobile UX Design
- Interpersonal/People Skills: ability to facilitate smooth collaboration and relations necessary to be successful in this role; not troubled by complications, disagreements, and unnecessary delays. Ability to build trust among team members and convince people to follow him/her.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Customer engagement
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; regularly required to make presentations to stakeholders, and must clearly present, articulate, and defend research findings, design decisions, and formulated strategies to the stakeholders in a way that they can relate to and easily understand.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive experience in research and design techniques
- Bachelors Degree in Design or technical spaces such as: Design, Fine Arts, Computer Science/Engineering. or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in related field
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Athens, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A