Website Office Depot
The Director of Sales Initiatives will oversee key sales functions in preparation for moving to the Director of Sales role which is responsible for the management of a sales team including leadership support of the team, performance management, professional development, and goal setting to ensure team success. He/she will direct and support consistent implementation of the business’s key initiatives in all sales strategies. This role is a highly collaborative position and will require the Director of Sales Initiatives to work closely with a variety of departments across a broad spectrum of internal and external partners inclusive, but not limited to: External vendors, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Merchandising, Sales Operations and the Executive Leadership team.
In addition to owning profitable sales growth, this role will be responsible for the annual operating plan and sales forecasting, budgeting and adherence to ensure the business maintains a competitive position in the market which meets or exceeds our commitments to our stakeholders and the investment community at large.
- Complete all assigned training in preparation for move to field sales role.
- Customer Focus: Leads assigned initiatives to ensure strong customer relationships. Develops a culture of customer focus to drive success.
- Uncovers new business opportunities and presents business case to senior management to improve overall sales profitability.
- Matrix Teamwork: Maintains a direct level of communication with sales leadership and Office Depot Corporate functions in support of an integrated work environment.
- Lead/manage key sales initiatives as assigned by the VP of Sales Operations with a goal of transforming the BSD sales organization and maximizing sales and profitability.
- Proven success in executive leadership assignments with a successful P&L track record.
- Decision making ability with a bias for action and sense of urgency.
- Must be personable and presentable at all times.
- Strong conceptualization and communication skills augmented by diplomacy.
- Capacity to execute work in a rapid and efficient manner.
- Flexible with respect to change initiatives.
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects within a multi-channel large organization.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to effectively lead a team across a large geography.
- Area of Study: Business Administration, Marketing, Merchandising
- Personal “bandwidth” to function in a matrix management environment on an international basis.
- Able to take direction well and execute efficiently and effectively.
- Must be a self-starter and able to make own decisions in timely manner.
- Ability to lead an organization to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to convert concepts into tactical plans effectively.
Qualification & Experience:
- Years of Experience: Minimum 7 year experience in related field
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience required
- Type of Experience: Sales, Marketing
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macon, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A