Website Office Depot
The Major Account Executive is an outside sales position responsible for identifying, qualifying, and acquiring new customers classified as Key Account prospects in major to large customers inclusive of the public and private sector that will contribute profitable growth to the organization. This role will have a partnership team that includes an Implementation Manager to onboard the new customers once won, cross-functional experts on our product lines to expand share of wallet within the account, and a Key Account Manager that focuses on the day to day management of the new logo within their assigned portfolio. Crucial to the success of this role is strong strategic planning and tactical acumen, pipeline management skills, and the ability to successfully collaborate with multiple departments outside of his/her own team.
- Relationship Building: Forecast business and meet or exceed assigned sales quotas. Utilize solution selling and account management techniques to maximize the business relationship and opportunities with targeted companies within the assigned industries.
- Build and expand relationships with customers by understanding the business elements supporting indirect sales and service business, Develop in-depth knowledge of office supplies; procurement operations in the prospect portfolio.
- Takes responsibility and ownership for data integrity and accuracy of work products and creative with business planning and implementing sales initiatives. Maintains customer information in Office Depot’s CRM.
- New Account Acquisition: Engaged in sales activities outside of the office, face-to-face, including, but not limited to, creating relationships with non-Office Depot decision influencers, decision-makers, end-users, current buyers, and new prospects within an organization.
- Network and cold call prospective customers and leads (based on customer profile in volume, size, and service requirements) to arrange meetings to present Office Depot offerings to potential customers utilizing our strategic pricing strategy.
- Acquire new high potential accounts by selling them a broad portfolio of Office Depot products. Generate long-term profitability and revenue for Office Depot through the acquisition of net-new high potential accounts.
- Responsible for customer and company requirements and being a thought leader in developing selling strategies and training co-workers.
- Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Fluid organization agility (the ability to quickly learn, understand and navigate an organization at the upper to lower levels.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry, the current trends and changes, as well as leverage that information to the benefit of Office Depot and the customer.
- Elevated understanding of strategic sales pipeline building, managing a balanced pipeline of potential opportunities to assess, propose, and ultimately close large-scale business deals.
- Driven to invest time in self-education that can be applied in a professional context.
- Consultative approach to strategic selling methods, complex deal negotiations and ability to close deals that are balanced and margin healthy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Type of Experience: Sales experience in a business-to-business environment
- Years of Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in related field
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelors preferred
- Previous experience within the office supplies industry preferred.
- Previous experience in successfully achieving or exceeding goals.
- Experience in selling B2B and progressively improving results.
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A