Website Office Depot
Act as a liaison between the Store management team and associates, and functional areas such as Legal, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Strategic Staffing, etc., serving as key source for information as it relates to the retail organization. May conduct focus groups or reach out to other HR business professionals to assist in the resolution of escalated Employee Relations issues.
Will partner with NAR management and/or legal on termination recommendations / decisions and provide guidance on the appropriate termination documentation, conversations and processes.
Other duties, as assigned.
- Conduct investigations of associate complaints, including the Problem Resolution Process and Hotline submissions. Act as neutral intermediary.
- This may include coaching associates (management and non-management) on how to handle a situation without HR intervention. Prepare investigative reports, PRP and Hotline responses.
- Serve as a liaison and resource to management and associates by developing awareness of the purpose and intent of Office Depot policies relating to Human Resource practices. Communicate policy and procedure changes. Works as a centralized group to develop and enhance Office Depot policies.
- Manages and provides early intervention and support for the resolution of a variety of complex associate relations issues, including complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination.; Takes pro-active steps to address situations or initiatives that may be perceived negatively by the associates, working with Store Managers and District Managers to enhance their abilities to recognize widespread situations and respond appropriately.
- Provide advice and guidance to Regional Vice Presidents, District Managers and Store Managers on associate disciplinary issues, to include documentation (PRP, PCD, RODs and/or action plans and follow-up) and coaching on how to manage the conversations in alignment with Office Depot values.
- May provide feedback regarding RVPs, DMs and SMs in handling ER issues as a basis of evaluating leadership skills for talent management conversations
- Provides Human Resource support to the stores organization in establishing and maintaining a strong associate relations environment.; Work closely with district and store operations to plan and coordinate associate relations. Carries out implementation and execution of company and store programs.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-7 years of experience and/or training in Employee Relations or general HR experience.
- Business, HR, or related Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.)
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A