Website Office Depot
- Provides Human Resource support to the stores organization in establishing and maintaining a strong associate relations environment.; Work closely with district and store operations to plan and coordinate associate relations. Carries out implementation and execution of company and store programs.
- Manages and provides early intervention and support for the resolution of a variety of complex associate relations issues, including complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination.; Takes pro-active steps to address situations or initiatives that may be perceived negatively by the associates, working with Store Managers and District Managers to enhance their abilities to recognize widespread situations and respond appropriately.
- Serve as a liaison and resource to management and associates by developing awareness of the purpose and intent of Office Depot policies relating to Human Resource practices. Communicate policy and procedure changes. Works as a centralized group to develop and enhance Office Depot policies.
- Provide advice and guidance to Regional Vice Presidents, District Managers and Store Managers on associate disciplinary issues, to include documentation (PRP, PCD, RODs and/or action plans and follow-up) and coaching on how to manage the conversations in alignment with Office Depot values. May provide feedback regarding RVPs, DMs and SMs in handling ER issues as a basis of evaluating leadership skills for talent management conversations.
- Support management with employment law compliance, including ADA issues, leaves of absence, and EEO. Document ADA interactive process.
- Support management in creating an environment that remains union-free through positive associate relations, including conducting management training. Will give direction and assistance in handling union activity that may occur, i.e. union pamphlet found in location.
Conduct investigations of associate complaints, including the Problem Resolution Process and Hotline submissions. Act as neutral intermediary.
- This may include coaching associates (management and non-management) on how to handle a situation without HR intervention. Prepare investigative reports, PRP and Hotline responses.
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations
- Positive, upbeat attitude; excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-7 years of experience and/or training in Employee Relations or general HR experience.
- Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.)
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A