Website Old Navy
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing marketing materials for the following mediums: Advertising (Mobile and Desktop Homepages, Email and Print), Direct Mail, Promotions, and Relationship Marketing – all aligned with the brand aesthetic. These materials will be used to communicate directly with the customer and enhance the overall customer experience both in and outside the stores. The Graphic Designer will find creative solutions for marketing and branding objectives specified by the Art Director and/or Account teams. They will present thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives. They are part of the creative process and will be expected to help lead the process with their knowledge, experience and expertise in design.
- Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly.
- Build electronic files with an attention to detail to ensure smooth transition of artwork to production studio. Communicate design intent to studio counterparts.
- Actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives. Offer inspired creative solutions. This will, at times, be done working independently of art director and often account partners.
- Review color and final film composition.
- Work directly with other departments to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives. Build a consensus with these business partners towards a solution.
- Maintain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timetables.
- Work independently
- Foresight with special projects to tailor and redefine the process as needed.
- Organized, with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and
- technical challenges effectively.
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
- Background in graphic design. Ability to be both creative and technical.
- Art and style awareness
- Minimum education level: BA in graphic design or related area.
- Operational proficiency in PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of the printing process.
- Enthusiasm for the creative and technical processes.
- Minimum experience: 3-5 years experience working in advertising or graphic design environment.
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A