You will support Openreach in creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Imagine supporting and advising a diverse team of 50+ to deliver Full Fibre broadband to both rural villages, towns and cities in the UK.
We’re proud of our ability and history in developing people. We’re not concerned about your industry or background; we’re interested in your ability to lead. You will be a critical part of the UK’s largest communication infrastructure transformation in recent history.
- Ensure a safe working environment with zero harm, ensuring your team is trained as appropriate and all checks are completed to the required timescale and quality.
- Execute and deliver all end-to-end customer outcomes, across all programmes of work, high quality services and performance metrics to enable revenue and service delivery to time.
- Build a winning, self-led team (~30-40 team members) that lives the right customer-centric behaviours and drives an “it’s my business” culture.
- Develop strong working relationships with all local partners, collaborating to remove barriers and assuring a true ‘partner approach’.
- Accountable for your P&L, capex, bottom line profitability & all delivery across your patch.
- Embrace, lead and drive sustainable business change and sponsor for transformation programs to further revenue, customer and people improvements for the area and region.
- Able to collaborate and work effectively across complex and matrixed relationships and utilise influencing and negotiation to reach agreement.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to build effective working relationships.
- An advocate of Continuous Improvement
- Extensive understanding of Openreach network (and products) would be advantageous.
- A high level of computer literacy is essential, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Skills and abilities to be able to motivate, encourage, develop and inspire large operational teams (50+) to deliver operational excellence.
- Results driven – a proven track record of operational rigour and integrity, highly disciplined to deliver a set of results, balancing quality, quantity, behavioural change and empowerment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chelmsford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A