The Safety team is responsible for setting the safety strategy for Openreach, ensuring policies and process are in place and for providing second line assurance to senior management. The team is also responsible for accident investigation, contractor management and innovation.
- Writing up detailed reports following audits with clear recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring accident investigations carried out by the contractors are thorough and identify root causes by auditing their investigations.
- Responsible for planning and delivering process audits, including system-based audits.
- Owns audit of the contractor hazardous pipeline process, sharing best practice across all contractors.
- Accountable for ensuring the contractor base are meeting their contractual obligations regarding safety.
- Responsible for carrying out capability assessments on new suppliers and regularly reassessing the suppliers.
- Role will require regular travel across the UK, including overnight stays.
- Ability to carry out process audits and write up audit reports with recommendations.
- Qualification in Health & Safety desirable or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work closely with the senior management team in Partner Management to ensure that we are aligned when dealing with contractors.
- Able to agree ownership of recommendations and own the tracking of those recommendations.
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships with the contractor Health and Safety team.
- Able to give assurance using evidence that recommendations have been implemented
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A