Our senior teams play an essential role in the delivery of Openreach’s Major Programmes delivery across a defined region for our product portfolio. In the position of Senior Area Build Manager you will have exceptional direction and project management skills and be accountable for end-to-end structure delivery for major programmes & ~capex delivery up to c78m annually and c£218 whole life.
- Accountable for the empowerment, engagement and motivation of your people. Builds a winning team with a culture that is passionate about delivering in a quality way, avoiding wastage and failure and takes ownership of issues, always striving for customer excellence.
- Accountable for ensuring a safe working environment with zero harm, ensuring your teams are trained as appropriate and implementing the appropriate governance to ensure all checks are completed to the required timescale and quality.
- People leadership and development, including employee engagement, talent & succession planning, performance leadership, training & development, health and safety of your teams.
- Accountable for your P&L, capex, bottom line profitability & all strategic delivery across your area. You will achieve this by using skill and judgement to make the right strategic and commercial decisions to optimise the success of your teams, your geographical area and region.
- Accountable for building successful strategic relationships with key suppliers, regional authorities, political representatives, planning authorities and commercial property developers in your area ensuring excellent customer experience and delivering required business outcomes in your area.
- Accountable for the overall governance of quality & safety and the delivery of our regulatory obligations, informing future thinking in relation to risks and opportunities at an area level, translating these into actionable plans.
- Accountable for the identification of business improvement and continuous improvement opportunities, executing & embedding them within the area you lead, to drive enhanced service and greater profitability.
- Accountable for delivery of repair service metrics for all fibre products across your area, this will included resourcing decisions and managing major service outages.
- Owns the overall delivery of all end to end customer outcomes and high-quality services, delivering to time, cost and quality in your area through DL and our (3rd party) partners. Accountable for the in-life operation for all partner deployment in your area for civil engineering and network deployment.
- Accountable for setting direction, agreeing goals and objectives for your patch teams and accountable for setting challenging operational targets for the team that underpin the regional targets and drive long term sustainable business improvement.
- Accountable for supplying subject matter expertise to national transformation programmes. You will be a visible sponsor for and lead your teams in the delivery and embedding of these programmes to further revenue, customer and people improvements for area, region and national, working alongside the Business Optimisation and Change programme owners.
- Experience of translating strategic plans into an understandable list of tangible actions
- Team player, adept at holding others to account through a challenging and supportive leadership style, whilst consistently delivering on their own commitments
- Experience of actively managing a P&L to successful outcome
- A true customer champion, with the ability to be solution-focused, demonstrating customer empathy in everything you do.
- An advocate of CI and ability to deliver centrally driven transformation programmes that provide business and people benefit.
- Ability to work across the organisation to change outcomes for our customers, as well as ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Results driven – a proven track record of operational grip and highly disciplined to deliver a set of results, balancing quality, quantity, behavioural change and empowerment
- Proven experience managing successful operational teams and ability to manage operational risk
- Significant stakeholder management experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to build effective working relationships.
- Renowned for creating sustainable performance through personal leadership and the ability to build brilliant teams
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A