Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the role holder will provide effective resource management and planning to optimise the Chief Engineer/Civils training and/or buddying programs to maximise utilisation and productivity of the workforce. The role holder will work closely with key stakeholders to develop and execute training plans and timelines that both manage agreed demand whilst working within the operational needs of the business.
- Owning full accountability of delivery of allocated training within timescales and commitment time
- Ownership of team T&S/ expenses / OT costs with robust management
- Ensuring work is delivered safely, compliantly, legally, efficiently, and in accordance with Openreach and industry quality standards
- Stores / equipment stock level management for training
- Creating a brilliant cohesive team through brilliant leadership as underpinned by the connected leaders model and the 8 leadership behaviors
- TLR & TLC for their team
- Role interfaces across the L&D unit – close relationships with L&D Business planning, L&D design, L&D Engagement leads
- Leading the Quality of Training, coaching and Assessment within our Civils Consolidated Training Model (CTM) and leading a culture of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) across the team and organisation
- Good analytical skills and the ability to deliver training plans to a high quality
- Relevant experience, with good understanding of training and buddying activities within Openreach.
- Problem Solving Skills – Ability to analyse problems and issues and resolve them independently
- Capability to deliver quality solutions to tight time scales
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative working relationships across the business to drive delivery of the Chief Engineer and Openreach customer commitments.
- Strong Communication Skills – Have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and by writing, with customers, colleagues and the management team
- Managerial /L&D experience desirable
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills, leadership and influencing skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A