This senior level Project Controls Analyst position provides support to Project Managers on Electric Transmission & Distribution Substation projects with minimal guidance of the Project Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the Project Support Function; the Central Data Management Function; and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions. Travel to/from various project-related function is required approximately 25% of the time. Provide guidance to journey level PCA’s
- Document, monitor and communicate project milestones and risks with appropriate stakeholders.
- Attend Project and Job kickoff and walk down meetings.
- Review and assist in the preparation of Advance Authorizations, Job Estimates and Re-Authorizations and assist PM in routing for approval.
- Create, maintain and update schedules.
- Ensure that responses to project budget, and GRC or FERC cost requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Assess and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Interface with design and planning resources and software systems.
- Provide regular communication on project cost, schedule and risk status to project team members, stakeholders and public.
- Ensure that responses to budget and cost requests reflect correct project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Prepare journal entries and coordinate or process goods receipts in current software system.
- In coordination with Project Manager develop project schedule and cash flow/forecast plans with functional department input.
- Monitor financial progress and maintain Project Manager’s order group. Develop, maintain and control project schedule plans using appropriate software (for ex: SAP Project System, SAP Work Management System, and MS Project).
- Participate in project status meetings, collect progress data and revise project plan as needed.
- Accounting/budgeting knowledge
- Planning Orders, BW and Analysis for Office
- Forecasting skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience with appropriate software tools, currently SAP Work Management, Controlling Orders,
- Proficiency in EXCEL, ACCESS, Primavera P6
- Mathematical skills
- 5 years as a Project Controls Analyst; or, 7 years of PG&E experience in electric or gas transmission and/or, distribution business operations area, business planning, accounting, finance, construction management and/or project management; or 8 years of related experience if hired externally
- Project Management, Project Controls, or Construction Management experience
- Knowledge of Unifier, ProjectWise, and/or HeavyBid
- Risk Management and Earned Value Analysis experience
- Knowledge of P6 scheduling
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Ramon, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A