At Patagonia, we don’t just have business leaders – we have business activists responsible for building a healthy business in service to the community and supporting movement to save our home planet. This leadership role shapes and manages the vision and business actions to connect with the mountain bike, trail running and hiking trail communities specifically. In this role, you will be responsible for annually drafting an international business plan including sales/distribution strategy, marketing support, staffing needs, seasonal line plans and community activism, and then will work across the organization to align and put the plan into action. Most importantly, the Director of Trail is a relentless advocate for the Trail customer, ensuring the Trail community is inclusive and equitable and all have a path to helping to healing our planet.
- Lead and steer the business unit vision, strategic objectives/actions and financial targets while aligning global teams for transparency throughout the process.
- Ensure business results meet company requirements for P&L, cash flow, and inventory management, asset utilization.
- Be a relentless advocate for the Trail customer, dedicated to delivering excellent service, and ensuring best products are developed from ideation to end-customer
- Plan product line and lead development to achieve product, market, business and organizational goals which also advance company-wide brand and environmental goals.
- Work with the Marketing Department, craft tools and implement marketing messages to tell stories and communicate with the Trail community.
- Drive regular business updates to the Board and Global leaders.
- Synthesize data, identify key market developments and customer insights, prepare analysis to support senior leadership decision-making.
- Work closely with the Head of Patagonia, Inc. to build short-, mid- and long-term business plans.
- Establish a close working relationship with Business Unit colleagues to collectively ensure a strong brand experience.
- Partner with the other leaders across the company to develop our forward-looking company strategy and build a culture of cohesion and inclusion.
- Passionate: for building the very best product, the trail community and saving the home planet.
- Leader: act as a thought leader, build trusted relationships, influence decisions and drive urgency on critical priorities.
- Strong Communicator: excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Inclusive: deeply experienced in collaborating with others across difference.
- Strategic: able to think big picture and drive work accordingly.
- Influential: able to engage with others in complicated and emotional workplace issues to collaborate on solutions and action.
- Emotionally intelligent: high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
- Action Oriented: proactive and able to move projects forward without continuous motivation or direction, in a fast-paced work environment.
- Creative: Lead, nurture and champion new, out-of-the-box thinking that results in breakthrough ideas to lead the brand forward.
- Committed to Quality: A relentless commitment to putting quality at the center of all decision-making
Qualification & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience leading diverse and global teams with proven record of inspiring, coaching and setting a framework for performance and growth.
- 10+ years sports or other product marketing or related experience.
- Proven experience building a purpose-driven business. This role plays a critical role in our ability to deliver on our mission.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strategic minded with strong executional abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong strategic and influencing skills, comfortable working with senior stakeholders and able to manage ambiguity.
- Experience and understanding of how to use a diverse set of tools and channels, including physical stores, digital and social media, to inspire people to action in support of progressive social change.
- Experience working across multi-cultural and diverse communities.
- Experience driving a culture of inclusion and wellbeing that unleashes the potential of all team members across the organization to create a real impact.
- Experience maintaining brand integrity and building community strategies.
- Experience leading a team of 5+ people across creative and analytical functions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A