This position reports to the Operations Supervisor in the Transmission business unit (TBU), part of Pembina’s Pipelines division. Pembina’s transmission pipeline assets have developed through the strategic acquisition of key natural gas and specification ethane transportation infrastructure assets, positioned in some of the most prolific gas producing regions in western Canada and the United States. Pembina’s primary long-haul transmission pipeline assets include the Vantage Pipeline, AEGS, Cochin, Alliance Pipeline and Ruby Pipeline.
- Locating and marking Cochin facilities per Pembina’s Damage Prevention Program and One-Call procedures prior to and during excavation;
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure all maintenance and operations duties are completed safely, in compliance with Pembina’s procedures, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices;
- Participate in an on-call rotation responding as required to equipment and/or operational problems;
- A willingness and desire to work outdoors and
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities;
- Routine pipeline operations and maintenance tasks, including troubleshooting, repair of pump station electronics, electrical, and mechanical equipment;
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on an as needed basis;
- Hands-on experience with various computer applications;
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- 3 to 5+ years related work experience;
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills;
- Journeyman Electrical / Instrumentation or certification equivalent preferred;
- Results oriented with a flexible & adaptable approach to change; and
- Ability to perform and direct safe and efficient operations in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well in a team coupled with a proven track record of success of positively interfacing with Field, Engineering, and Technical Support personnel;
- Familiarity in troubleshooting a variety of instrumentation equipment including PLC’s would be an asset, but not required;
- Strong mechanical skills;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jamestown, ND, US
Application Deadline: N/A