Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Sherwood Park office is recruiting for an Operator, Control Centre for an 18th month term, to join the Control Centre team.
This position report to the Control Centre Shift Lead. It plays a key role in ensuring efficient and safe operation of Pembina assets. The Control Centre is part of Pembina’s Pipeline division.
- Coordinate pipeline system operations with field personnel and external customers;
- Document near misses and incidents to share learnings from such events, take part in the safety-first culture;
- Participate and support an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
- Assist with the review and analysis of measurement and product quality matters, as well as chronological SCADA information for pipeline operations and product scheduling purposes; and
- Actuate pipeline equipment in a safe, efficient, and environmentally conscious manner to move hydrocarbon liquids through our pipeline systems utilizing the SCADA system;
- Utilize leak detection systems to monitor segment integrities and respond appropriately to violations;
- Work a modified work schedule of 12-hour shifts and maintain a high level of attention to detail for extended periods of time;
- Able to fulfill working through an 18-month term.
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and trouble shooting skills;
- 2+ years of related experience within a pipeline or gas plant control centre environment or in pipeline operations, with a High School diploma;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a technical diploma or CET designation;
- A team collaborator, strong organizational skills, attention to details; and
- Previous experience and/or aptitude to operate multi product pipelines is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS office applications including Excel and Word;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sherwood Park, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A