The Dog Training position is responsible for Dog Training brand consistency, delivering all program offerings and maintaining operational standards within the store. The Dog Trainer will be the primary resource and leader in their store regarding Petco’s Positive Dog Training program and consequently be accountable for consistent achievement of the store’s budgeted sales goals by driving sales, while educating and engaging all store partners. As the Dog Trainer, you must follow Petco’s Positive Dog Training curriculums and methodologies. You must be committed to and show a genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet parents and store partners. Provide pet parents with exceptional Dog Training instruction and customer service by acting as a subject matter expert for Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program, products, services and in-store promotions, to our canine pet friends and their pet parents, helping them strengthen their bond through fun and educational training.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must promote the positive training philosophies of the Petco Positive Dog Training Program and ensure a safe dog training environment for pet parents, customers, dogs and Petco partners.
- Must confidently perform all tasks & duties as outlined in the Dog Training Instructor Program.
- Promote, conduct and instruct all current Dog Training curricula.
- Consistently meet and exceed store’s budgeted sales.
- Be a Dog Training related resource for Dog Trainers in store to support consistent achievement of targeted goals and exhibit the ability to enlist the aid and support to accomplish common tasks.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all pet parents and store partners regarding Dog Training or other pet services.
- Encompass excellent listening skills and able to effectively coach in an encouraging and motivating way by delivering points efficiently and easily.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings and can command attention, establish clear directions and create a climate that motivates others.
- Cross-train store management and partners on how to promote Dog Training classes using the G.U.E.S.T.+ model by engaging pet parents and provide solutions to various training challenges, and the products needed to assist in solving those issues within established guidelines.
- Maintain provided class-related materials to consistently call back interested pet parents in a timely manner, promote Dog Training classes, seminars, workshops, Meet Your Trainer and/or Dog Training events sponsored by Petco.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all Petco customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
- Complete cash register transactions as well as customer carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
- Assist in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A