The Lead Engineer – Automation & Power Systems provides technical competency in assuming liaison and/or control responsibility for various multidisciplinary activities supporting the overall site operations and colleagues for the Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) – Americas Region II Durham Clinical Manufacturing Facility (DCMF) located in Durham, NC. This entails a diverse range of accountabilities including oversight and direction of vendor and contractor work performed on analytical laboratory equipment, building systems and assets, new designs and installations, operations and maintenance activities, modifications and modernization technologies, as well as the protection of physical facilities and process equipment. Additional accountabilities include the creation and monitoring of the site’s automation and power distribution strategies for all facility operations and facility/critical utilities as well as providing strategic input for the site’s capital program. The role requires the development and maintenance of close working relationships with colleague and contracted resources to define facility requirements, analyze needs, provide recommendations, and execute plans and options that align with overall GWS goals and supported business line objectives and strategies.
- Provide engineering support, assistance and oversight for facility operations and site services in regulated cGMP clinical aseptic manufacturing, laboratory and office workspace environments.
- Oversee daily calibration operations, preventive and corrective maintenance with the Laboratory Instrument Services (LIS) for the Analytical Research & Development (ARD) operations. This will include direct supervision of two (2) LIS Calibration Technicians and coordination with the GWS LIS & ALM (Asset Life Cycle Manager) Lead. Additionally, it will include the oversight and management of contract service providers performing these services. All work activities to be documented using EAMS (Enterprise Asset Management System) which is Pfizer’s CCMS (Computerized Calibration Management System).
- Oversee daily administration, operations, maintenance programs and projects for the following:
- Primary site automation systems including the Building Management System (BMS), Environmental Monitoring System (EMS), S2 Security and Fire Alarm systems.
- Discrete and isolated control systems associated with all facilities support and critical utility systems.
- Primary and back-up electrical power distribution systems
- Record and administer equipment and calibration excursions and the appropriate CAPA (Corrective And Preventive Actions) as required within Pfizer’s Quality Tracking System (QTS).
- Provide documentation and input for near and long-term capital project planning and execution.
- Provide automation and electrical support of both capital and expense projects for manufacturing, laboratory operations and facilities and site infrastructure.
- Provide technical support as appropriate for Risk Management including but not limited to EHS, Security, Emergency Response, Business Continuity, and Compliance.
- Working knowledge power distribution, emergency generation and UPS power systems
- Skilled with intermediate networking including the ability to diagnose ethernet and fiber hardware and interfaces
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power distribution systems
- Demonstrated computer skills; Windows operating systems and databases and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Possess broad analytical and problem-solving skills including a knowledge with diagnostic, test and repair techniques
- Experience with the programming of PLC control systems, HMI (Human Machine Interface) software, power monitoring software packages and SMART building technologies.
- Ability to prepare design plans, technical reports, evaluations and cost estimates
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A