Electric Asset Management (EAM) Distribution Planning (DP) team ensures safe, reliable and efficient operation of the electric distribution system by providing timely and innovative engineering and technical support associated with the planning, design, construction and maintenance functions. EAM DP is part of the EAM System Planning and Reliability group and has overall responsibility for the utilization of area and equipment capacity, voltage and power factor support and the reliability of the primary electric distribution systems.
- Monitors area substation and circuit capabilities and track corresponding loads. Prepares proposals, including justification, for appropriate corrective actions to address deficiencies found.
- Initiates service dependability solutions and actively participates in local reliability / root cause meetings. Works closely with construction to prioritize outage prevention work within DPA, addresses customer complaints (Help Tickets) for recurring outages as assigned.
- Prepares initial responses for CPUC complaints for recurring outages. Supports local DO’s, DEC, construction, or storm room in emergency restoration efforts as required.
- Provide technical, address’ customer voltage complaints caused by primary voltage problems.
- When requested, address’ customer EMF requests involving distribution facilities as assigned, assist E&M and OM&C personnel to address customer voltage complaints caused by secondary voltage problems.
- Supports estimating, construction, and other departments as required. Reviews, modifies, and recommends switching clearances for feeders, banks and stations as requested by DO’s.
- Address’ customer EMF requests involving distribution facilities as assigned. Reviews switching arrangements, equipment settings, voltage levels, power factor needs, etc. to ensure the distribution system is operated in the most efficient manner.
- Submits long term and short-term reconstruction, capacity and reliability plan recommendations; manages projects within their local area of $100,000 or less; and reviews and recommends job estimates within DPA for capacity and reliability.
- Prepares and initiate switching plans to alleviate normal and minimize emergency deficiencies.
- Prepares necessary documentation about distribution needs for estimating to complete job packages.
- Prepares settings for load tap changers and other line equipment. Reviews requests for new large customer load additions or increases in voltage and recommend actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Provides direction and reviews primary designs proposed by estimating to ensure adequate capacity and reliability.
- Prepares settings for distribution protective devices.
- Performs circuit protection reviews and makes recommendations for corrections.
- Determines protection requirements for rule 20, WRO projects and other major distribution projects which could impact the existing protective scheme. Prepares settings for Distribution Automation (DA) devices affecting distribution protection, voltage or emergency switching.
- Performs planning studies to correctly model the electric distribution system and works with Mapping to ensure discrepancies are corrected in associated records system.
- Analyzes historical loads and project future growth.
- Prepares long term and short-term plans to identify and correct area deficiencies.
- Prepares draft Preliminary Planning Reviews (PPR’s).
- Identifies alternatives to address deficiencies for Project Analysis (PA’s).
- Reviews and analyzes area distribution systems and takes appropriate actions to maintain power factor and primary voltage within established standards. Determines circuit and associated equipment capabilities within the assigned DPA.
- Holds aBachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or will graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering in June 2022from a college/university accredited by Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Python Scripting experience
- Professional engineering registration
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rocklin, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A