The Utility Construction Inspector is a qualified Company representative who performs direct oversight of Applicant or Contractor installed facilities limited to plastic distribution systems and smaller underground projects to ensure compliance with job drawings and specifications; and PG&E standards and specifications over the entire PG&E service territory. The position is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
- Monitors and inspects construction activities during: clearing of Right of Way, installation of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan and other environmental protection measures, erection of temporary facilities such as fences and other public safety items, site work, excavation, backfill, site restoration, lowering of pipe, unloading and handling of piping materials, pre-excavation, Ground Penetrating Radar and electromagnetic utility location, Electrolysis test station installation, compaction testing, and line markers.
- Maintains public and employee safety on site always by promoting a positive safety culture, exhibiting an absolute commitment to safety for self and others, and by ensuring all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards are followed.
- Maintains all required Quality Assurance/Quality Control and as-built documentation on site as per Company Standards.
- Performs oversight and inspection of construction projects, Integrity Management digs, potholing and other work as required.
- Communicates scheduling and scope changes with Company management and Contractors as required.
- Performs direct oversight of Applicant or Contractor installed facilities limited to plastic distribution systems and smaller underground projects to ensure compliance with job drawings and specifications; and Company standards and specifications over the entire Company territory.
- Completes all documentation for associated inspection work.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer, contractor and all other workgroups that are involved in the construction project.
- Participates in all Contractor safety and pre-construction tailboard meetings to ensure compliance with Company safety, standards and work procedures.
- Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License by day one of hire
- Experience with computer data entry
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions.
- To better represent the communities, we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference.
- Minimum of 1 year of utility, military, or related experience.
- API-American Petroleum Institute 1169 Certificate
- Relevant current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall.
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- NACE-National Association of Corrosion Engineers CP2-Cathodic Protection Technician certification
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Marysville, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A