The Transmission System Planning (TSP) department performs Interconnection studies, multi-year assessments and develops a portfolio of transmission expansion plans and projects to meet the company’s transmission needs for delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers while adhering to North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) planning standards. The members of TSP actively participate in the NERC and WECC standard development process for electric transmission reliability. The department is also involved in developing transmission expansion policy and strategy to meet the Company’s RPS goals. In addition, the department provides support to project implementation groups, operations, law, contract and other internal departments.
- Support the development of basecase assumptions and transmission system steady-state and dynamic models.
- Prepare presentations, reports or other materials essential for communication of work to internal and/or external stakeholders. Effectively present technical material to stakeholders as required.
- Under close supervision represent PG&E transmission planning at internal and external meetings and provide technical guidance on transmission planning issues.
- Perform transmission planning studies related to compliance, annual transmission system assessment, all phases of load or generation interconnection, reliability, inter and intra-regional studies, or any other studies to support obligations to internal PG&E departments and external entities.
- Review area and system load data to support the development of load forecast.
- Support the development and coordination of the basecase creation process, including schedule and deliverables.
- Develop and submit new project proposals through the CAISO’s Request Window in order to obtain approval.
- Develop PG&E area and WECC system basecases as required by transmission planning studies.
- Support development of Annual Transmission Planning Assessment and Expansion Plan.
- Provide support for generator testing and model development.
- Support the coordination and review of data from internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate basecases.
- Develop tools and processes to support transmission planning and project implementation functions.
- Analyze reliability indices such as SAIDI, SAIFI and other indicators to propose reliability improvement projects.
- As required, actively participate in initiatives, studies or industry forums that could impact the PG&E transmission system and support the inclusion of PG&E’s interests.
- Coordinate engineering requirements for generation, load interconnection, capacity, reliability, economic, and policy projects.
- One year of experience in engineering, planning and/oroperations.
- License/Certifications: Engineer In Training (EIT) certificate
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A