Directs the management and oversight of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) operations. Develops long term strategies for UAV operations at the utility and works as an industry representative contributing to the development of new regulations and operations for the utility sector. Provides leadership and direction to ensure performance competency, high safety standards, and the highest level of customer service. Supports the functions and activities of the internal UAV teams and partners with Sourcing for vendor acquisition and management. Manages all UAV storm and emergency response procedures, administration, and deployment. Ensures all UAV personnel and operations are in adherence and compliance with PG&E guidelines, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Manages all UAV storm and emergency response procedures, administration, and deployment.
- Manages and approves all UAV operations, functions, and workflow.
- Responsible for the management and direction of UAV operations that includes implementation of the mission and vision, establishment of goals and objectives, and evaluation of performance and services.
- Establishes and designs training programs for all UAV personnel and ensures knowledge retention, and skills enhancement.
- Approves UAV office and field audits, incidents, and accident investigations.
- Manages the budget and chargeback system for UAV operations.
- Coordinates with PG&E’s Regulatory Compliance to ensure all UAV personnel, operations, and training programs are in adherence and compliance with PG&E guidelines, FAA and CAL-OSHA regulations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Provides training, guidance, coaching, and mentoring to all UAV personnel.
- Acts as a liaison with aviation maintenance, other PG&E departments, utility industry, and federal, state, and local agencies and organizations to address and resolve UAV operational issues.
- Leads sourcing team to standardize and optimize UAV contracts.
- Develops, evaluates, and reports metrics for continuous improvement and maximization of UAV services, performance, utilization, and safety.
- Manages, coaches and develops a department staff.
- Approves the UAV logbook and resolves all incidents and/or issues.
- Approves and authorizes the acquisition of UAV asset and equipment.
- Acts as a liaison and representative for PG&E to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations regarding proactivity and immediate response during emergency situation and/or crises.
- Collaborates with the aviation safety group to resolve all safety issues regarding UAV operations.
- Develops and implements audit system and procedures for UAV vendors.
- Leadership experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years Utility industry experience, electric
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED Diploma
- 10 years job-related technical experience
- Performance Management certification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vacaville, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A