We are hiring qualified Journeyman Linemen to work throughout our service territory in Distribution and Transmission, Division and General Construction positions, as well as Compliance Inspectors. Open positions are predominantly in California’s Central Valley and Bay Area, however additional locations and classifications could become available at any time based on changing business needs. Please note that Transmission T-200 positions require a 5-year commitment to the Transmission Department per LOA 05-16.
- Hangs and energizes transformers.
- Lifts, pulls and carries insulators, cross-arms, equipment, tools, grounds, dampers, and other materials to and from job sites.
- Sets and installs underground structures, locates, pulls, removes, splices or terminates cables.
- Loads and unloads tools, materials, and equipment off of hand lines while standing on elevated structures that include: Wood poles and insulated work platforms.
- Reviews job work requirements and provides input regarding work for the day.
- Tests, frames; sets and/or anchors poles; strings electric power lines and install cross-arms.
- Operates hydraulic equipment including: drills, boom truck, digger, pole tamper, hydraulic jack and bucket truck once certified.
- Installs and replaces equipment, meters and streetlights.
- Performs substation switching; installs and replaces switches, circuit protection equipment, insulators, meters and streetlights.
- Work will include the use of hand and power tools; digging holes by hand for pole installation; climbing ladders, poles, embankments and towers; working at heights above 35’ on poles and in aerial lifts; setting grounds; working with live circuits; and working in trenches, manholes and confined spaces.
- Take voltage readings.
- Climb poles using boot hooks or aerial lift.
- Loads and unloads tools, materials and supplies into and out of vehicles at crew headquarters and job site.
- Travels to various job locations within geographical assigned region (for General Construction).
- Troubleshoots problems and determines extent of repairs on primary and secondary overhead or underground dead legs.
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory
- Successful candidates must pass the following pre-employment requirements prior to beginning employment: drug screen, background check, Post Offer Physical (POPA)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have passed a California DMV medical exam by first day of employment
- Capable to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must possessed a valid California Class A driving permit by first day of employment
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
- Completion of a federal or state sanctioned line worker apprenticeship with approved supporting documentation (e.g. IBEW Journeyman Lineman A Ticket) and/or union or union-affiliated sponsored line worker apprenticeship
- Effective team player with strong communication skills
- If hired as Provisional, must complete the provisional training plan within one year from hire date.
- Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work and drive in all types of weather and road conditions
- Experienced in rubber gloving and hot stick procedures
- Experience in transmission and distribution work, underground and numerous voltages
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A