Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Fossil Generation facility. Ensures plant operational goals are met and operational excellence is achieved and maintained. The Power Gen Energy Resources Supervisor may perform the work of the Maintenance Supervisor as well if the operations dictate this at smaller sites.
- Participates in root cause analysis, forced event reporting, program audits, accident investigation and Power Safety Public Shutoff (PSPS) planning.
- Supervises the work of Fossil or Solar and Electrical Technicians to ensure the Fossil sites are operated in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. Evaluates, trains and qualifies Fossil Power Plant Technicians, Advanced Power Plant Technicians or Solar and Electrical Technicians.
- Responsible for the safe operation, performance, reliability, adherence to regulatory and corporate requirements and the day-to-day operation of assigned fossil generating facility.
- Assures plant operations are in full compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Communicates with energy procurement organization around plant availability and cost. Ensures effective communication with operations staff and dispatch.
- Develops operations budget plan and monitors and manages costs to maintain budget.
- Evaluates plant operations to identify and implement opportunities for safety, reliability, and efficiency improvements and reports forced and planned outages to state regulators.
- Manages day-to-day operational schedule and strives to meet plant performance goals.
- Participates as Subject Matter Expert in the development and implementation of Power Generation operating procedures, standards, and controls to ensure operational goals are achieved.
- Ensures that the operations staff functions in a manner consistent with plant and company goals and policies.
- 5 years of experience in power plant operations or renewables operations
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management system
- Supervisory experience in combined cycle fossil generation facilities
- Experience with supervising an Operations team at a fossil facility
- Experience writing and revising operations procedures
- Experience with internal and external operational audits and resolution.
- Experience with oversight and maintenance of regulatory compliance with State and Federal Agencies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Operations experience at a fossil facility
- Frame combustion turbines, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG’s), continuous emission monitoring systems experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Project
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Antioch, California, USA
Application Deadline: N/A